Student Veterans of America has partnered with Bank of America to offer the Chapter Grant Program. Chapter grants are designed to encourage student veterans to think about long-term sustainability strategies and compete with their peers to develop the best possible plans for their chapter. They can be used to fund events, conference travel, or purchases needed to enhance the experience for student veterans in an SVA chapter. Bank of America continues its commitment to the success of student veterans by suporting the Chapter Grant Program.
How to apply for a Chapter Grant:
1. Create and upload a business plan based on the SVA-MFRI Success in 3-D for Student Veterans: How to Design, Develop, and Deliver a Thriving Student Veteran Organization manual. It must include your chapter’s mission statement, goals, objectives, and strategies. Please use our business plan as a guide, and feel free to check out some examples of past chapter grant winner's business plans to use as a guide.
2. Fill out a chapter budget, utilizing the form at the bottom of this page.
3. Create and upload a 1-3-minute elevator pitch using YouTube or another publically viewable video sharing service. If you make your video private, please provide the password in your business plan.
4. Ensure all of the information provided in your chapter profile is up-to-date.
5. Finally fill out all the information on this page.
We strongly encourage you to review the SVA-MFRI business planning manual and the business plan example prior to submitting your application. All example files are provided at the end of this page.
National Business Plan Competition
A good business plan will enhance chapter sustainability, set clear goals, SMART objectives, and lay out strategically aligned strategies for success. Every year, a select group of leaders are invited to pitch their plans during the annual National Business Plan Competition. Chapters are selected based on the strength of the business plan they submitted as part of the Chapter Grant Program. When you submit a chapter grant application, you are automatically entered in the competition and eligible to win additional funding.
Forms (click on the link, then click download on the upper right hand corner):
Business Plan Worksheet
Chapter Budget Worksheet
Example Business Plans & Budgets from the 2013 National Business Plan Competition:
Arizona State University
Florida State University
Pennsylvania State - Mont Alto
Salem State University
Southern Illinois University
Example Elevator Pitch Video: