tags, as close as possible to the opening tag. Creation Date: 03/09/2018 -->
The Leadership Institute
SVA's Leadership Institute, sponsored by Prudential, is the premier training for student veterans who are emerging leaders in the chapter, campus, and community. This highly selective program will bring a select group of student veterans together for intensive onsite leadership training over three days. What you learn at the Leadership Institute can be applied to chapter management, however the focus will be on learning your personal leadership ethos and how to apply it. SVA will continue to cover the cost of travel, lodging, and meals for all attendees.
The two main pillars you will learn during the Leadership Institute are:
• Value sort and personal leadership ethos development
• Know your "why"
• Personal branding as leaders – Every interaction and product that carries your name is an opportunity to strengthen your brand and to create the ideal leadership experience with your people
"Results first, people always"
• We have a responsibility as a leader to get the job done, that's a strength of ours as veterans, but we must never lose our focus on the health of the team and what the people need to be at their best.
• As servant leaders, we take care of our people
• "Leaders eat last" and all SVA leaders should follow the mentality that it's "not about us". We serve our followers.
When you leave the Leadership Institute you will:
• Know your most impactful personal value set much better.
• Have a significantly increased understanding of how your personal values directly support and reinforce your leadership ethos.
• Have a defined personal leadership vision that directly supports the "why" behind your ethos.
• Have a defined action plan to see your vision come to fruition.
• Have an established and ongoing support and follow-up framework to ensure you can communicate with your fellow attendees, facilitators, and thought leaders as necessary.
• The Leadership Institute will identify, teach, and mentor student veterans who are destined to lead America in the 21st century.
SVA's Leadership Institute is proudly sponsored by: