Student Veterans of America and Eli Lilly and Company have partnered to provide a scholarship to veterans pursuing an undergraduate degree at an accredited four-year college or university. The Eli Lilly and Company Student Veterans Scholarship will support any student veteran pursuing a 4 year bachelor's degree. This partnership will enable returning veterans to pursue their educational goals and position them for success in civilian professions.
The 2016 Eli Lilly and Company Student Veterans Scholarship application will remain open until November 4th, 2016 at 11:59 PM Eastern Standard Time. Student veterans must complete an online application, answer two essay questions, and attach the required documents prior to the deadline to be considered.
One $10,000 scholarship will be awarded
All successful candidates must:
• Be enrolled in an undergraduate program for the 2016-2017 academic year in sophomore or junior standing.
• Be attending full-time at an accredited four-year college or university in the United States
• Must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above.
• Demonstrate a commitment to and passion for their chosen field of study
• Demonstrate leadership and engagement in their community
• Be a current student veteran, as proven by a DD214 and transcript
• Have received an honorable discharge, or be in good standing with his or her branch of service
Please provide answers to the following two essay questions in one document using a maximum of 300-350 words per question. Your submission (in the form of a word document) should include your name and clearly specify each answer by number:
1. Tell us about your previous leadership experiences, whether in high school, college, or during your military service. How have you carried these experiences forward in the classroom or in other university activities?
2. Please discuss how a career in the Healthcare or Pharmaceutical industry could align with your career goals or objectives?
• Current copy of your Resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV)
• Unofficial copy of current university transcript updated for the most recently completed semester
• Responses to the two essay questions
• DD 214, Certificate of Discharge