Congratulations to the 2016 NBC Universal - SVA Scholars!
An Air Force veteran and graduate student at Florida State University, where she studies Public Administration.
An Army veteran and graduate student at the University of Arizona, where he studies Law.
NBC Universal is committed to increasing diversity both on the air and behind the scenes. Doing so provides a secure, powerful, and competitive advantage in the media and entertainment industry. As part of this commitment, Student Veterans of America and NBC Universal have partnered to distribute two (2) $12,000 scholarships to any eligible student veteran! Interested applicants are encouraged to read the below information carefully. If you meet the eligibility requirements, please click on the link at the bottom of this page to access the application form. Complete all fields and upload the required documents, preferably as PDFs. If you have any questions regarding the application or the scholarship, please contact us here.
To be considered for the Student Veterans of America-NBCUniversal Scholarship
Eligible student veterans must meet the minimum criteria outlined below:
- In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelors, or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution of higher education for the 2016/2017 academic year.
- Must have a Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above.
- Submit a Resume
- Submit proof of military service (DD214)
- Submit proof of enrollment in an accredited U.S. institution of higher education (transcript)
- Must be a U.S Citizen or have the legal right to work in U.S without requiring sponsorship now or in the future.
All applicants must answer the following essay questions in one document. Upload your completed essay on the application page, preferably as a PDF. Please thoroughly, but succinctly (300-500 words per essay question), answer the following prompts:
1. Tell us about your previous leadership experiences, during your military service and beyond. How have you carried these experiences forward in the classroom or in other university activities?
2. Please discuss how a career in the entertainment industry could align with your career goals or objectives?