While a postsecondary degree or credential has become indispensable for entry into professional careers and the middle class, the cost of college continues to increase. Student Veterans of America is proud to partner with PNC Bank to award two $10,000 scholarships to student veterans in finance, business administration, or related fields that define “Serving With Integrity.” SVA thanks the PNC Foundation for their support and partnership.
To be considered for the PNC Serving With Integrity Scholarship all required materials must be submitted and/or received no later than November 4th, 2016, 11:59pm EST.
Eligible student veterans must meet the below outlined minimum criteria:
- Be pursuing a degree from an accredited institution of higher learning in finance, business administration, or related fields
- Be honorably discharged from Active Duty or currently serving in the Guard or Reserve
- Submit a current résumé
- Submit proof of military service (DD214)
- Submit proof of enrollment in an accredited U.S. institution of higher education (transcript)
- Submit one (1) letters of recommendation from a member of the faculty detailing your talents, interests, and aspirations (letters can be submitted via the SVA Lettter of Recommendation portal, see link below, and must be on an official letterhead)
- Submit one (1) personal statement (prompt below)
- Submit one (1) essay (prompt below)
Essay and Personal Statement
All applicants must select and answer the following prompt, as well as submit a personal statement. Upload your completed essay and personal statement on the application page, preferably as a PDF.
- Essay: Please thoroughly, but succinctly (300-500 words), answer the following essay: What does "serving with integrity" mean to you?
- Personal Statement: Write a one-page personal statement of career interest within Financial Services or the applicable field based on your major.
The application period is closed. Thank you to all the applicants!