While a postsecondary degree or credential has become indispensable for entry into professional careers and the middle class, the cost of college continues to increase. Student Veterans of America is proud to partner with Rockwell Collins to award three $2,500 scholarships to student veterans that are interested in pursuing a STEM degree path. This scholarship will not only build a diverse talent pool of candidates that can meet the emerging workforce demands of Rockwell Collins, but it will also ensure that student veterans can achieve their goal of earning a college education. SVA thanks Rockwell Collins for their support and partnership.
To be considered for the Rockwell Collins-SVA STEM Scholarship, all required materials must be submitted and/or received no later than March 15th, 2015, 11:59pm EST.
Eligible student veterans must meet the below outlined minimum criteria:
- Be pursuing a degree from an accredited two-year or four-year institution of higher learning, located in the United States
- Be enrolled for the 2015/2016 academic year
- Attest to being enrolled in a STEM course of study (to include; Computer and Information Technology Science, Engineering, Mathematical Sciences, or Physics)
- Submit proof of military service (DD214)
- Submit proof of enrollment in an accredited US institution of higher learning (transcript)
- Submit a current resume
- Submit one (1) essay (prompt below)
Essay and Personal Statement
All applicants must answer the following prompts. Upload your completed essay and personal statement on the application page, preferably as a PDF.
Essay: Write a one-page essay highlighting your interest within the field of STEM and how that ties into your future career goals.
The application period is now closed. Thank you for your submissions!