SVA is seeking an outgoing, dynamic, quick learner who thrives on direct and personal engagement to support our chapters, Chapter Leaders, student veterans, military-connected students, and families as a member of our Programs and Services team.
About the Organization
Student Veterans of America (SVA) is a 501(c)(3) higher education non-profit, headquartered in Washington, DC. With a mission focused on empowering student veterans, SVA is committed to providing an educational experience that goes beyond the classroom. Through a dedicated network of more than 1,500 on-campus chapters, SVA aims to inspire veterans by connecting student veterans with a community of like-minded chapter leaders. Every day these passionate leaders work to provide the necessary resources, network support, and advocacy to ensure student veterans can effectively connect, expand their skills, and ultimately achieve their greatest potential.
SVA is seeking an outgoing, dynamic, quick learner who thrives on direct and personal engagement to support our chapters, Chapter Leaders, student veterans, military-connected students, and families as a member of our Programs and Services team. The Program Coordinator will assist with the expansion and delivery of SVA’s chapter support and program initiatives. This position reports to the Vice President of Programs and Services.
- Serve as the first point of contact for Chapter Leaders, student veterans, and SVA alumni; handle general inquiries from student veterans and the public related to programming initiatives, and resources
- Maintain frequent and engaged high quality contact with Chapter Leaders and student veterans, recording all interactions, contacts, and contact details in SVA’s CRM
- Build and maintain strong relationships with program graduates in order to further strengthen avenues for chapter support
- Work closely with SVA Chapter Leaders to maintain accurate documentation of chapter records and the history of the chapter
- Maintain record of and provide support for chapter activities and events
- Assist in the development and oversight of Chapter programs, tools, and resources, including the Chapter Guide, presentations, and other written material
- Develop and support collaborations with chapters to strengthen alignment between individual chapter strategies and SVA National priorities
- Support the Senior Leadership team to plan and implement chapter trainings and regular events (e.g., new Chapter Leader orientations, Regional Summits, Leadership Institute, annual National Conference, etc.)
- Research and stay abreast of standard college and university operations, policies and trends impacting student veterans, military-connected students, and campus organizations
- Identify knowledge gaps among membership and gaps in the scope and delivery of programs and resources, recommending necessary adjustments to increase mission effectiveness
- Urge Chapter Leaders to seek, encourage, and respect current and prospective members without bias or prejudice
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experiential Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- 3+ years non-profit experience beneficial
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Well-developed customer service orientation with exemplary relationship management and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with demonstrated ability to communicate with individuals at all levels in and outside of the organization in a professional manner
- Strong people and project support aptitude with attention to detail, including the ability to coordinate workflow, establish priorities, meet deadlines, and effectively balance competing priorities
- Ability to work as a member of a diverse and growing team
- Self-motivated, goal-oriented with a sense of initiative
- Passion for SVA’s mission
- Available for periodic overnight travel
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, and experience using Salesforce CRM is a plus
- Candidates who are veterans or immediate family members of veterans or serving members of the military are strongly encouraged to apply.
This position will be located at the SVA National Headquarters in Washington, DC. SVA offers medical, dental and vision insurance as well as a 401k retirement plan and match.
Email resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to [email protected] Please include “Program Coordinator” in the subject line. SVA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.