NBC Universal is committed to increasing diversity both on the air and behind the scenes. Doing so provides a secure, powerful, and competitive advantage in the media and entertainment industry. As part of this commitment, Student Veterans of America and NBC Universal have partnered to award two (2) $12,000 scholarships to student veterans. If you meet the eligibility requirements, please click on the link at the bottom of this page to access the application form. Complete all fields and upload the required documents in a PDF file. The 2020 NBCUniversal SVA Scholarship application will remain open until April 2, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. ET. If you have any questions regarding an application or the scholarship, please contact us.
Eligible student veterans must meet the minimum criteria outlined below:
- Be pursuing an associate’s, bachelor’s or graduate degree from an accredited two-year or four-year institution of higher learning, located in the United States;
- Be enrolled for the 2020-2021 academic year;
- Have at least a 3.0 GPA;
- Submit a resume;
- Submit proof of military service (DD214);
- Submit proof of enrollment in an accredited U.S. institution of higher education (transcript);
- Submit an application to include a short essay (300-500 words per essay question) answering the following questions:
- Tell us about your previous leadership experiences, whether in high school or during your service. How have you carried these experiences forward in your classroom or in other university activities?
- Why are you interested in NBCUniversal and a career in the entertainment industry? If you had to pick a specific function, which ones are you most interested in and why (example: marketing, public relations, production, development, business, etc.)?