Congratulations to the 2016 The Walt Disney Company STEM Scholars!
A Navy veteran and junior at the University of New Mexico, where he studies Emergency Medical Technology.
Currently serving as an Army Guard and Reservist and a sophomore at the University of South Florida, where she studies Physics.
The Walt Disney Company STEM Scholarship application will remain open until November 4th, 2016 at 11:59 PM Eastern Standard Time. Student veterans must complete an online application, answer two essay questions, and attach the required documents prior to the deadline to be considered.
Eligible student veterans must meet the below outlined minimum criteria:
• Be pursuing a degree from an accredited institution of higher learning in a STEM program
• Be attending full-time at an accredited four-year college or university in the United States for the 2016/2017 school year
• Must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
• Demonstrate a commitment of service to others via a resume or letters of appreciation
• Be a current student veteran, as proven by a DD214 and transcript
• Have received an honorable discharge, or be in good standing with his or her branch of service
Additionally, applicants will have to submit 2 separate 1 page essays on the following topics;
show proven commitment toward personal achievement (at least a 1 page narrative-pick one of the below)
Overcoming personal hardship
Show proven commitment to make a positive impact on the community (2 letters of appreciation or a 1 page narrative on either of the below)
Offering time, talent & expertise or ongoing donation to a charity