Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Liaison
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Liaisons are chapter leaders who connect with the DEI administrators on campus and help to create a more inclusive chapter.
Creating a Diverse, Inclusive, and Equitable Chapter while Building Campus Military Culture
Student Veterans of America has partnered with Raytheon Technologies to build our expanding DEI program, including our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Liaison. DEI Liaisons are chapter leaders who work to build a more inclusive campus and chapter for veterans, spouses, military-connected students, dependents, and others.
The DEI Liaison will represent veteran and military connected students in campus discussions on diversity, equity, and inclusion, presenting salient, well-research data from SVA National Headquarters to help inform a campus culture inclusive to veterans and the community. Additionally, they will work with the other chapter leaders to ensure that the chapter meets with and exemplifies the ideals of inclusion within and across student organizations.
This program is powered by Raytheon Technologies to represent all service members, veterans, and their families.
1. Initial steps to implement a DEI Liaison on your campus:
- Identify a chapter leader who is willing to be an advocate for the military community on campus.
- Review the DEI Liaison job description.
- Training will soon be available through MySVA for DEI Liasions ([email protected]).
2. Campus coordination:
- Connect with DEI Offices on your campus.
- Collect baseline aggregate data on the number of military-connected students and civilian supporters on your campus (may not be readily available).
- Coordinate with other student organizations and DEI administrators to increase chapter inclusion and visibility.
- Utilize the SVA resources for reporting.
- Create an outreach plan that spans two semesters.
- Connect with the SVA National Headquarters at [email protected]
- Connect with DEI Liaisons on campuses across the country at DEI monthly meetings with SVA HQ.
- Update your ‘MySVA‘ with your new chapter role.
- Help other campuses establish DEI initiatives by sharing your experience and helpful tips.