Student Veterans of America testifies before the U.S. Senate Committee on Veterans'
WASHINGTON, D.C. (April 26, 2023) – Student Veterans of America’s VP of Government Affairs Tammy Barlet testified before the U.S. Senate Committee on Veterans’ Affairs in a legislative hearing to consider pending legislation. During her testimony, Ms. Barlet spoke on the following pending legislation:
- S. 291 (Rubio), A bill to amend title 38, United States Code, to establish in the Department theVeterans Economic Opportunity and Transition Administration, and for other purposes.
- S. 498 (Rosen), Veteran Education Empowerment Act
- S. 656 (Fischer), Veteran Improvement Commercial Driver License Act of 2023
- S. 1090 (Menendez), A bill to direct the Secretary of Veterans Affairs to update the payment system of the Department to allow for electronic fund transfer of educational assistance to a foreign institution of higher education.
- S. ____ (Schatz), Student Veterans Transparency and Protection Act
About Student Veterans of America
With a focused mission on empowering student veterans, Student Veterans of America (SVA) is committed to providing an educational experience that goes beyond the classroom. Through a dedicated network of nearly 1,600 on-campus chapters in all 50 states and 4 countries representing more than 750,000 student veterans, SVA aims to inspire yesterday’s warriors by connecting student veterans with a community of like-minded chapter leaders. Every day these passionate leaders work to provide the necessary resources, network support, and advocacy to ensure student veterans can effectively connect, expand their skills, and ultimately achieve their greatest potential. For more information, visit us at www.studentveterans.org.