NatCon 2024: Service Project, safeTalk Training, Morning Workouts, & more!
Get ready for an unforgettable experience at SVA’s 16th Annual NatCon, where the camaraderie and compassion takes center stage! This year’s lineup of activities and service projects is nothing short of extraordinary, promising a weekend filled with meaningful connections and impactful contributions.
Unity Service Project at Blue Hole Farm
Engage in the transformative Mission Continues Unity Service Project, where your efforts will leave a lasting mark on the community. In collaboration with TMC, SVA is calling on NatCon attendees to serve together and make Blue Hole Farm a vibrant community space where individuals can connect, learn, and grow together. Transportation will be provided from the conference hotel to the service project location. Buses depart for Blue Hole Farm at 8:15 AM and return by 1:45 PM. Additional details will be provided to all registered participants prior to the event.
Thursday, January 4, 2024 from 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM (CT)
Blue Hole Farm — 5546 Blue Hole Rd Antioch, TN
This event has limited space and is on a first-come, first-serve basis. If you have any additional questions, please email [email protected]
Employer Summit with Hiring Our Heroes
Hiring Our Heroes is hosting an engaging session, powered by LinkedIn, that delves into the strategic utilization of student veterans as a dynamic workforce solution, recognizing them as an untapped talent pool. The session will explore the potential to construct pipelines of student veteran talent, strategically filling industry-specific talent gaps in the workforce.
This event is tailored for employers, service organizations, and student veterans alike, focusing on key themes:
- Student Veterans: A Strategic Workforce Asset
- Customizing Internships for Success
- Developing Student Veteran Talent
Save the Date: Thursday, January 4, 2024 from 12:00 PM – 3:00 PM (CT) — Space is limited for the employer summit session, register today!
safeTALK is an in-depth training designed to equip you to make a difference in the lives of those who may be thinking of suicide. Through trainer presentations, facilitated discussions, and skills practice, you’ll gain the tools to reach out to someone in need and connect them with further support.
- Interactive Learning: Engage in trainer-led discussions and skills practice.
- Educational Videos: Videos that illustrate what happens when signs of suicide are overlooked, and how you can contribute to safe outcomes when these signs are heard and addressed.
- Real-life Applications: Explore opportunities to implement safeTALK principles within your chapter.
How to Register: Please email [email protected] with your name and school. Given the importance of this training and the limited spaces available, we encourage you to register by December 20, 2023.
Morning of Relaxation and Mindfulness
Join Veterans Yoga Project for an opportunity to learn about the transformative potential of yoga and mindfulness practices. Yoga, as embraced by the Veterans Yoga Project, has proven to be a powerful instrument in the holistic well-being of individuals. Here’s why:
- Addressing Self-Regulation Deficits: Self-regulation deficits lie at the core of many psychological disorders such as PTS(D), addiction, and traumatic brain injuries (TBI). Yoga and mindfulness practices, as offered by the Veteran Yoga Project, provide a means to address and improve self-regulation.
- Complementary to Psychotherapy: Many psychotherapy treatments include the integration of yoga tools. The mindful and intentional movements in yoga contribute to mental and emotional well-being, enhancing the effectiveness of traditional therapeutic approaches.
- Success in Treating Mental and Physical Health Conditions: Yoga has already demonstrated success in aiding the treatment of various mental and physical health conditions. Its adaptability and holistic approach make it a valuable resource for those on a journey to recovery.
Save the Date: Friday, January 5, 2024 from 7:00 AM – 8:00 AM (CT) — Registration is NOT required to participate in this event.
Inspiring Morning Run/Walk
We’re excited to announce the return of wear blue: run to remember, who will hosting their Remembrance Mile run/walk!
Join us for an inspiring 1.4 mile run/walk, where every step becomes a living memorial to honor the service and sacrifice of our fallen service members. This event will begin with a Circle of Remembrance, in which we speak the names of our fallen service members, and then launch a self-paced run/walk.
Saturday, January 6, 2024 from 7:00 AM – 9:00 AM (CT)
Gaylord Opryland, Start and Finish at the Presidential Portico
Registration is NOT required to participate in this event.
Our 16th Annual NatCon will be an experience to remember filled with amazing opportunities to give back to the community, equip yourself with transformative tools and skills, and experience connectedness during the morning exercises. We can’t wait to see you in Nashville!
Don’t miss out on our world-class event, and register today! To register and learn more about our 16th Annual NatCon please our NatCon website